We are providing this Privacy Statement on behalf of Hub’s Canadian entities and operating divisions, including those listed below:
- Belyer Insurance Limited
- Canadian Insurance Alliance (2018) Inc.
- Cross Border Underwriting Services Inc.
- HKMB Capital Solutions Corp.
- HPC Insurance Services Inc.
- Hub International HKMB Limited.
- Hub International Ontario Limited.
- Hub International Sinclair Cockburn Limited.
- Independent Financial Concepts Group Ltd.
- Insurance Hunter Services Inc.
- LSM Insurance Services Ltd.
- Totten Insurance Group Inc.
- Hub Capital Inc.
- Hub Financial Inc.
Hub is committed to excellence in serving, respecting, and promoting the dignity of all customers including people with disabilities. In furtherance of that commitment, we are continuously working towards meeting the accessibility standards of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Under the AODA, the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (the “IASR”) establishes standards to address barriers that people with disabilities face. Hub is continuously working on the adoption of these principles in several aspects of our business, including within: Training and Procurement, Employment, Information and Communications.
Training and Procurement
At Hub, we believe in integration, and we are dedicated to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. We are committed to training staff, as it relates to their specific roles, in Ontario’s accessibility laws. We will incorporate accessibility criteria and features when procuring or acquiring goods, services or facilities. If it is not possible and practical to do so, we will provide an explanation upon request.
In accordance with the IASR with respect to Employment, Hub has implemented a process for responding to requests for individual accommodation, where suitable and necessary.
We will notify employees, potential hires and the public that accommodations can be made during recruitment and hiring. We will notify staff that supports are available for those with disabilities. We will put in place a process to develop individual accommodation plans for employees. Our performance management, career development and redeployment processes will take into account the accessibility needs of all employees.
Information and Communications
We strive to communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. In accordance with the IASR with respect to Information and Communications, Hub is committed to making information accessible to people with disabilities. In order to achieve this:
- Information will be made available in accessible formats, on request, and we will work with you to find the most suitable accessible format or communication support.
- The IASR provides flexibility in the determination of the most appropriate accessible format or communication support, given the needs of the person making the request and our ability to provide it.
- If for some reason the requested information cannot be converted, we will explain why we are unable to do so and provide a summary of the content.
We are in the process of updating our websites to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA website requirements. As we finalize this process, some requirements may not yet be implemented, however we are planning that our websites have increased accessibility ready for access shortly.
Requests for Information – Contact
If you would like to make a request to receive this website’s content in a more accessible format, or have questions about this Statement of Commitment to Accessibility, please contact us via telephone, fax, e-mail, in writing, or in person to:
Chief People Officer
HUB International Ontario Limited
Phone: (416) 597-0008
Fax: (416) 597-2313
Attn: Deanne Dillon, Chief People Officer
HUB International Ontario Limited
595 Bay St., Suite 900
Toronto, ON M5G 2E3